Proof Skin Solutions Polish+ Daily Hydrating Exfoliant Cleanser & Mask has 17 highly potent multi-active ingredients. This stimulating formula thoroughly cleanses, gently exfoliates, tones, and hydrates to instantly refresh, smooth and brighten the look and feel of skin. It reduces the appearance of enlarged pores, red or irritated skin, dullness, fine lines, and wrinkles, all while replenishing the skins moisture. The multi-tasking cleanser can be left on as a mask for 2-3 minutes for an even deeper pore cleanse and will never leave your skin feeling dry….only invigorated, clean and clear.
Directions: Apply to damp skin in a circular motion, avoiding eye area. For best results, leave on skin as a mask for 2-4 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
Out of the 17 active ingredients, 13 of those ingredients combat the skin irritation, inflammation and blemishes associated with dreaded “mask-ne”.
1) Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
Aloe Barbadensis, or Aloe Vera, is a succulent plant which offers many benefits and is suited for all skin types, especially dry, damaged, broken, sensitive and irritated skin. It offers anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antioxidant, humectant, and soothing, anti-itch qualities for skin.
2) Bambusa Vulgaris Stem Powder-
an anti-irritant, meaning Bamboo Vulgaris Stem Powder is safe for sensitive skins, providing much needed soothing and calming benefits that can even help to reduce the symptoms of dry skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Not only does it help to replenish collagen stores and improve skin’s flexibility but it also supports the synthesis of Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) which, when at their optimum level, prevent moisture loss within the skin. This powerful combination of benefits means that ageing skin treated with Bamboo Vulgaris Stem Powder will start to look smoother, firmer and plumper with regular use. Bamboo Vulgaris Stem Powder is a great anti-acne ingredient as it creates a more stable and healthy environment on the surface of the skin which means the cells are less likely to become irritated or inflamed when toxins and excess sebum is secreted by the pores, therefore reducing the frequency and severity of breakouts.
3) Hamamelis Virginiana Water- Witch Hazel
a skin conditioning agent. It enhances the appearance of dry or damaged skin and help to reduce flaking and restores the suppleness of skin.
4) Menthyl Lactate- Created by synthesizing menthol and lactic acid, Menthyl Lactate offers numerous benefits when it comes to skin care. Not only is Menthyl Lactate a soothing, cooling agent, it also offers mild relief from itchiness and irritation.
5) Sodium Hyaluronate(Hyaluronic Acid)- The Sodium Hyaluronate molecule holds 1,000 times its weight in water. That’s why it is such an effective moisturizer: When applied to skin, it helps skin retain moisture. This acid is a skin revitalizer. With regular use, you’ll notice a smoother, softer feel. If you’re fighting dry skin, sodium hyaluronate is the best way to add water back to the skin. Use it to correct flakiness and irritation. Sodium Hyaluronate is a wrinkle reducer. It accomplishes this feat through hydration—more moisture means firmer, plumper skin, which makes wrinkles less visible. This ingredient promotes better blood circulation and nutrient absorption. Sodium Hyaluronate helps with wound healing, so if you have acne, this ingredient will help prevent scarring.
6) Allantoin-THIS IS A BIGGIE for aiding in breakouts!
Most notably, allantoin is considered an effective moisturizing ingredient when used in skincare, and its gentle, non-irritating qualities make it an excellent addition to anti-aging products for those with sensitive or easily irritated skin. Additionally, allantoin is a known keratolytic, meaning that it can increase the water content of cells while also aiding in the process of desquamation of the outer layers of skin. Allantoin may also help to:
- Increase skin smoothness
- Aid in wound healing
- Promote cell proliferation and longevity (Aging Cell)
7 )(Oat) Beta Glucan-
it deeply penetrates the epidermis to effectively plump up fine lines and wrinkles. In the skin, it acts as a humectant (holds moisture), as a collagen-booster (anti-wrinkle effect), and as an immune-booster and modulator, strengthening the skin barrier to ward off any intruders. If redness and irritation are your skin’s main issues, then beta-glucan is the new ingredient to try. Beta Glucan is well known for reducing irritation, and inflammation to speed the healing of damaged tissues.
8) Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract – Green Tea Extract
Green tea is a rich source of epigallocatechin gallate one of the most powerful antioxidants available. Epigallocatechin gallate is made of polyphenols that target free radicals, particularly those caused by UV-induced skin damage. Antioxidants are substances that fight free radicals which are known to damage DNA and cause skin cell death. Free radicals contribute to the aging, cancer and heart disease. Antioxidants, such as polyphenols in green tea, neutralize free radicals and potentially prevent and reduce sun damage.
Green tea extract also contains the methylxanthines that stimulate microcirculation, helping even the tone and health of the skin. In addition, Green tea extract is a good anti-inflammatory agent, reducing inflammation in the skin and inhibiting the action on collagenase. Collagenase is an enzyme that breaks the collagen leading to thin and flattened dermis and green tea helps maintain the level of collagen, leading to a firm and elastic skin. A clinical study has shown that the skin had measurably more elastic content after continuous application of a product containing green tea extract.
9) Brassica Oleracea Italica Seed Oil- Broccoli Seed Oil
It naturally helps reduce inflammation, easing redness and taming rashes and other inflammatory skin conditions. Broccoli is known for its nutritional value as a vegetable so it is not surprising that the oil will give nourishment to the skin. Broccoli Seed oil also protects the skin from dangerous free radical damage, UV rays, environmental pollution.
On the skin, these same fatty acids provide a greaseless hydration while forming a protective layer that traps in moisture and keeps skin hydrated all day long. The fatty acid content and structure of this oil makes it a very good oxidative stabilizer: it also has excellent moisturizing properties and is non-greasy.
Full of Vitamin C and other nutrients, Broccoli Seed oil nourishes the skin, leaving a radiant sheen that looks youthful and glowing. Recommended for younger or mature acne-prone skin types, this oil nourishes, balances, and provides skin with all the nutrients necessary for optimal functioning. In addition, it heals blemishes and reduces redness.
10) Mentha Piperita Oil- Peppermint is a versatile aromatic herb with distinct aroma and medicinal value. It contains menthol that has a cooling effect and works to brighten up the dull skin. It controls the secretion of oil and prevents clogging of pores and outbreaks of blemishes and blackheads.
11) Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil (sesame seed oil) – A non-fragrant plant oil that is a good source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats along with vitamin E and lignans (especially one called sesamin), antioxidant plant compounds that have a notable calming effect on skin.
As with all non-fragrant oils, sesame has moisturizing and emollient properties and can help prevent water loss from skin’s uppermost layers.
Sesame oil is a natural source of omega-6 fatty acids, and its fatty acid profile helps ensure a healthy skin barrier by complementing skin’s natural supply of ceramides and lipids.
12) Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive oil)- Olive oil contains vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin K and vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant and has anti-aging benefits, as it helps restore damaged skin cells and prevents UV damage from prolonged sun exposure.
Additionally, olive oil contains two other major antioxidants: polyphenols and phytosterols, which help protect skin cells, control the aging process and promotes the production of collagen, which naturally decreases as we age. Unlike many moisturizers that can clog pores and exacerbate current skin conditions, olive oil penetrates deeply into the skin while providing a cleansing effect. The combination of vitamin A and vitamin E in olive oil provides protection and helps repair skin cells from harmful environmental factors. Using olive-oil-based products can seriously up your exfoliation game. The antioxidants in olive oil can reach deep into the pores to help remove dead skin cells, dirt, and even blackheads. It can treat and prevent returning acne as it removes excess oil on the face. One of the best uses of olive oil for skin care is moisturizing. If you’re acne-prone, using our cleanser made with olive oil may help decrease your acne by killing off the bacteria that causes the acne and removing excess oil.
13) Coconut Oil – In addition to its effects on acne and inflammation, applying coconut oil to your skin can also help keep it hydrated. … The two-week study found that coconut oil significantly improved skin hydration.