Peptides are short chains of amino acids that act as building blocks of proteins such as collagen, elastin and keratin. These proteins are the foundations of your skin and are responsible for its texture, strength and resilience.
You know how important protein is for the body, but do you know how important protein is for skin? Like the rest of the body, protein is skin’s foundation. I am all about skin care so here are the most important points when it comes to the benefit of protein peptides for skin.
What are Peptides?
When certain amino acids are combined, they form peptides. So, you can think of peptides as fragments of proteins that skin needs for its structure and integrity.
Because they keep skin firm, elastic, and intact, peptides are hyped for their ability to address the signs of aging and even revive aging skin. Overall, peptides in skin care keep skin looking young and promote anti-aging benefits.
When used in cosmetic skin products, peptides fall into three main categories: signal peptides, carrier peptides, and those that inhibit nerve signals. By acting as messengers, signal peptides can trigger collagen synthesis, which then increases skin firmness.
What do Peptides do for the Skin?
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines: By stimulating collagen production, peptides can give your skin the impression of being plumper. Peptides help to rebuild collagen and preserve skin’s youthful appearance.
- Strengthens skin barrier: When peptides help amp up your skin cells, they also help improve your skin barrier.
- Locks in hydration: As you age, collagen production decreases, which also causes dehydration. When peptides help boost collagen production, it also boosts hydration.
- Aids in collagen production: When collagen breaks down, the peptides send a signal to our skin’s cells, informing them to make more collagen to replace what we lose naturally as we get older. Every year, collagen production decreases, which causes wrinkles, dehydration, discoloration, loss of firmness, and a dull complexion.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties: Antioxidants found in peptides help calm and soothe your skin, leading to less inflammation.
- Helps make skin more firm: By signaling your cells to produce collagen, peptides help your skin become more firm. [Peptides] that inhibit nerve signals have the potential to soften fine lines caused by muscle movement—in theory, it’s like topical Botox.
- Smooths out complexion: With upped collagen production comes clearer, more even skin, too.
- Repairs damaged skin: Carrier peptides work to heal your skin from the inside out.
5 Peptides That Should Be In Your Skin Serum
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1: A signal peptide (also called pal-GHK and palmitoyl Palmitoyl Tripeptide -38:oligopeptide) for collagen renewal, comparable to retinoic acid but without causing irritation.
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 is believed to be able to stimulate collagen production in the skin, and more collagen means fewer wrinkles and younger looking skin.
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7: Known for its ability to lighten skin and improve skin elasticity. Following are some of the important benefits this peptide provides:
- Palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 may also reduces problems with skin roughness, fine lines, thin skin and wrinkles.
- The proper proportion of palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 and palmitoyl-oligopeptide in cosmetic products induces natural collagen production for skin healing and rejuvenation.
- May help treat rosacea.
- Reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones
Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 may also reduce the production of interleukin to up to 40 percent. Interleukin is a chemical often associated with inflammation, as the body creates it in response to damage.
For example, skin cells damaged due to the over exposure to the UV rays can cause the production of this chemical, leading to cell deterioration from inflammation. By blocking this chemical, palmitoyl tetrapeptide 7 relieves some of the chemical pressure on the skin, and allows it to heal faster.
Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: palmitoyl tripeptide-38 promotes regeneration of skin to make wrinkles and skin smooth and delays the appearance of signs of aging. Furthermore, it also can deeply replenish nutrients, dilute lines of lip and increase elasticity.
Acetyl Hexapeptide-8: is a peptide compound that is used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles brought on by repeated facial expressions. When it comes to fine lines and wrinkles on the face, especially around the eyes and mouth; they usually form because of repeated facial expressions, such as smiling, frowning, or furrowing the brow in deep concentration or frustration.
When people make these expressions, the face contorts based on the contraction of the muscles beneath the skin. Acetyl hexapeptide 8 can temporarily get rid of wrinkles by intercepting messages from the brain, thereby preventing muscle contractions. If you’re considering ways to remove wrinkles, such as frown and laugh lines, then this peptide is for you.
Polyglutamic Acid: polyglutamic acid (PGA), a water-soluble peptide that’s quickly shaking up the beauty industry. Research on naturally occurring poly-γ-glutamic acid (γ-PGA) — a molecule found in the bacteria of fermented soybeans — has the ability to hold more moisture than hyaluronic acid. Like four to five times more. It is a major game-changer when it comes to hydrating and plumping skin.
Peptide Skin Serum
These 5 Peptides we mentioned above are just one part of the super hero active ingredients in Proof Skin Solutions hybrid serums.
Just to name a few, our Peptide Hybrid Serums have CE and Ferulic, B3, Niacinamide, 5 stable forms of Vitamin Cs, antioxidants, peptides, epidermal growth factors, and Glutathione to lighten dark spots and helps resolve uneven skin tone.
It’s not really just a peptide serum at all – It’s one heck of a multi-tasking, all-in-one, skin serum. That’s why we call our hybrid serums: Porcelain, Youth Restoring Nectar and Mugshot for Men, Nectar of the Gods.
If you bought the most popular brand’s individual products with these ingredients, you’d pay over $500. It’s so moisturizing and yet light and soaks in so your feeling fresh and soft. Anti-aging, and the list goes on, we basically went out and made our dream skincare products!